Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Water Aerobics – Take Two!

By Clara Hurtado Lee


I went to my second Water Aerobics class this morning. After last week's class, I was sore for the rest of the week in muscles I didn't know I had. I was surprised by this fact, considering how low impact the workout felt.


This morning I chatted with the instructor before class. She told me that the reason the first class hadn't felt like a good cardio workout was because when you are exercising in the water, your heart rate automatically slows. She also said that I can burn as many as 400 to 500 calories per hour in Water Aerobics.


With those facts in the back of my mind, I felt more positive during my workout.

The class size was much larger today and the instructor did not indulge in a one-sided conversation with the woman on the front row. We did a lot of interval training and some exercise in the deep end of the pool and I felt more athletic than I had in the first class.


I think I can stick to this for a little while. I am hoping to make it to two more classes this week.

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to try water aerobics and was invited to try a class. So hard to fit it in though! And with littles... Your glowing review makes me want to at least get to one though.

    ReplyDelete